Using Sustainable Materials to Decorate Your Home
As the trend these days is to go green, it has become a common household practice in many homes across the United States. Who is not going green these days? Most of us want to preserve the natural resources and save mother earth. Furthermore, many homeowners are wondering how to decorate their homes using sustainable materials.
There are many choices for those who are looking to preserve the earth and their wallets as well by using eco-friendly materials. There are many options for you such as materials made from reused, recycled or sustainable materials. The bedroom, kitchen, living room and bath furnishings provide various avenues for eco-friendly or sustainable materials.
Here are tips for using sustainable materials for decorating your home:
1. When selecting wood furniture, opt for wood from sustainable resources like bamboo or recycled wood. Avoid using new wood furniture since new wood adds to deforestation. While bamboo is actually a grass, it can be used like wood and grows fast without using pesticides. Consider using recycled plastic, wrought iron or recovered metal for your indoor and outdoor furniture. These are nature-friendly and sturdy.
2. Rugs are terrific ways to bring style, warmth and color to any room. When you look for area rugs with sustainable materials, you can find several wonderful products to choose from. There are sea grass rugs, wool rugs and even sisal rugs to use. If you are searching for an elegant style, a jute rug is what you want to use.
3. Glass is one of the oldest recycled materials you can find. There are so many choices for decorating with recycled glass and you can find many great choices from votive candles to beautiful vases.
4. When it comes to fabrics, one of the most beautiful and nature-friendly fabrics available on the market these days is bamboo. It creates a perfect choice for creating luxurious fabrics perfect for designing your home. Another option is the pineapple, which has been used for centuries to create clothing.
Designers are using every part of the pineapple like the core, husks and sap to make fabulous drapes for luxurious homes.
5. Low flow shower fixtures work by putting air to smaller amounts of water so that you can get the same water pressure with less water use. These kinds of shower fixtures have small air chambers that mix air with water that explodes at high velocity to give enough water. Furthermore, higher end low flow shower fixtures are also self-cleaning to lower the chance of mineral deposit build-ups that may reduce the water flow. A low flow shower fixture could use between 1.6 gallons of water for every minute to 2.5 gallons of water every minute.
Decorating your home with sustainable materials is becoming very popular each day. With a little bit of effort and using your creativity, you can bring nature-friendly decorating to your home and do your share in preserving nature. Furthermore, using sustainable materials will enable you to save more money on your home decoration.